Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Christmas!! 2013

Christmas Eve we did a progressive dinner with the Guthrie side, as we do almost every year. First stop, our house for some hot chocolate and family pics by our tree. We decorated our tree in white, gold, silver with black and white presents. Next, we all headed to Mallory's new house for appetizers, and oh man, she had the best food! Shrimp, cheese ball, chicken wings, ect. We didn't even need dinner after that! Then, we headed over to Ashley's new house for soup and bread bowls. How did I get so lucky to marry into a family that can seriously cook?! Haha.

The final stop was Grandma Tami's house for Christmas jammies and exchanging gifts. This year the girls received red and black plaid jams, my favorite. The boys got Coke shirts and plaid pants. Gram got little plaid monkey jams. We just played around and took pictures by her massive tree. I recruited her visiting teachers to help Gram and I put it up and decorate it as kind of a Secret Santa thing. Later she told me she knew it was me. Haha. She's a sneaky one! She also did a very sneaky thing. She got married earlier that day and didn't even invite us! Ha.

Well it was time to head home, put Gram to bed and finish wrapping the rest of the presents. I finished early but Gavin wrapped until 2 or 3 in the morning. He said she tried to make each gift look perfect. Lol. I woke up in the middle of the night to snap pics of our presents under the tree and lay out my boys' stockings. So beautiful the house looks with all the sparkle and gifts.

The boys woke up and we did stockings first, then exchanged gifts. Gram got the best gift he has ever received... his very own trampoline!!! We LOVED seeing his face when he saw it. Gav had spent hours on it the night before putting it all together. Ben Coombs came over to help, too. We spent a good part of the morning jumping and laughing!

We then got ready for the day and headed over to my parents house to exchange gifts. I told my dad what time we were coming and they waited allll day to open their gifts until we got there. It was actually was pretty cool to watch each person open every single gift, give hugs and take pics. Haha the way they open gifts takes a verrrry long time but it was cute to join in on the tradition once more.

That afternoon I'm pretty sure we went to go see a movie with our friends, like we usually do on Christmas Day. I can't remember since it has taken me almost a year to blog about that day!

Great holiday with my great family! I was about 4-5 months pregnant with our next addition to our family, too!

No comments: