Thursday, June 26, 2014

We're Having a Baby Girl!

The very last present Gram opened up at his birthday party was a bunch or shirts saying, "Big Brother" on them. Secret is out!! We are having an other little bundle of joy! I was almost 14 weeks at that point so we were in the "safe zone" as I call it. Everyone was shocked and kind of confused. Haha but everyone was very excited for us! 

I was able to find the midwife that delivered Gram on Facebook and followed her to her new office, MomDoc Midwives in Gilbert. How crazy is it that she moved to an office just 5 minutes from my new house?! I was so excited when I found out that I had a chance of using her again. 

I remembered when I first figured out I was pregnant. I was nauseous for 2 days and on Sunday I woke up, rolled out of bed and headed to Walmart for a pregnancy test. I thought it was a good excuse to go to the store on Sunday, I just HAD to know!! So after the test was positive I gave it to Gram to surprise Daddy with. We woke him up and Gram handed him the stick. He didn't read it correctly and thought I wasn't pregnant. Dang it. After I explained that I was he was very excited for us!!

At our 18 week appointment we had our 2nd ultrasound and they told us it was a girl!! I think all the hormones made me cry because I was so scared to have a girl! (I was scared that I would have a hard time bonding with her because I have always had trouble connecting with other women.) I was trying to be tough so everyone wouldn't bother me about why I was crying. It took us until the next day to share what the gender was. After that I started getting VERY excited to have a little princess of my own!

No comments: