Thursday, June 26, 2014

Gram's Monster Party!!

My little monster is growing up! I can't believe he's already two years old! Which now that I think about it, that's not very old. He's still my baby.

We of course had to throw him a HUGE monster bash! I love throwing parties but I especially love throwing parties for my little prince.

I thought a monster theme would be perfect for this little man to kick off his terrible twos! Haha. It also was cute that his birthday is right before Halloween.

I had an awesome time planning his party and getting everything ready. We had everyone over to our new house for a monster bash. The party was from 4-6 but our last guests didn't leave til 9! It was that fun ;) We had food and desserts to match the theme: Monster Smiles, Monster Teeth, Monster Cookies, Monster Fingers and Toes, Ect. He had a big, green monster cake with several eyeballs sticking out of the top! Then I had made little brightly colored cupcakes with shifty eyes to match. We set up a bounce house, tables and chairs outside. There was even face painting, too! 400 of our closest friends and family attending this celebration. Now that I'm writing this all down it seems a bit much for a 2 year-old's birthday party!

It was all worth it seeing Gram strut around like he was the coolest kid in the neighborhood (and duh! He is!) His little ego puffs up and it's the funniest, cutest thing. I love my little guy more than words can express, so I was glad to see he enjoyed being the center of attention.

After playing around and enjoying some yummy food it was time to open the gifts! Gram got so many great presents including a bike, race cars, new clothes, jammies and many more. At the end of the gift giving Gram opened one more gift bag that had shirts saying "Big Brother" on them. Yep, it's true, Gram is going to have a little baby sibling!!

On Gram's actual b-day I took him to the pumpkin patch with our friends Meagan and Jane. They had bounce houses, hay rides and pumpkin decorating there! He loved the hay rides the most since it was his first time ever on one.

I'm so glad I was able to make Gram feel so special on his big day! I live for making that kid happy.  

No comments: