Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter

Easter was extremely fun this year because we have a little man to share it with! The "Easter Bunny" came to our house this year and brought Gram a basket. It was filled with Sesame Street books, a sock monkey with bunny ears, and candy filled eggs. The eggs were for my Sunbeams class but I threw them in there for looks. Haha. 

(iphone pic)

I taught the Sunbeams at church about Jesus and the resurrection. It's so funny to watch what those young kids pick up from what you tell them. I love going to church on Easter because it reminds you of what the holiday is really about. 

After church we relaxed a little bit before heading to my mom's friend Susie's house. She's the friend that threw me my bridal and baby showers. We went over there for an Easter egg hunt and an early dinner. Gram found one baseball looking egg with the help of his dad. Haha so sweet. He was really excited. Then the real "Easter Bunny" came out to surprise him! (Susie has a costume my younger brother Isaac put on for the kids.) Gram LOVED the bunny! Those are my favorite pics of him this Easter. Afterwards, Sutton (Susie's son) brought out his pet bunny! Gram didn't know what to think about that bunny at first. He eventually enjoyed petting him and letting him sit on his lap. Adorable. We then ate, visited, and took some family pictures. I've turned into one of those crazy moms that wants to have family pics for the special events/get together's. 

(pics from iphone and silver cam)

We then came back home to hang out with Gav's family. They made ham and cheesy potatoes which will be a tradition I want to start with my little family. We had a cake too to celebrate Mallory's soon to be fiance Ben's birthday. Then Jim hid the eggs around the house for KK and Ainsley to find. After that, Gav and I just looked at our pictures from the day and enjoyed this new life we have with our little guy. 

Easter really is a special time a year. I really appreciate what Christ did for us so that I can be back with my family again someday. It just reminds you why we are here on this earth and where we are going. Life is so much better being happily married with a precious child to cherish. Nothing. Else. Matters. I have the greatest life anyone could ask for. I was sealed in the temple, I have the strongest, most loving and forgiving husband, and the funniest, wildest, but sweetest baby on the planet! I'm happy, healthy and I have the perfect gospel in my life. "With much is given, much is required." I have a lot to be grateful for and a lot I need to give back to the world. 

No comments: