Monday, April 16, 2012

Second Trip to the Zoo

Since we had so much fun last week at the Zoo, Ash and I decided to go again. This time Ash just brought Quinn and of course I had Gram. Our cousins Kelsey and Amy came and brought Amy's two little girls. My mom came along with my sisters Charity, Bellami and Felicity. 

We got to see all of the same animals as our last trip but we included a few more. We saw the orangutans, which I think was everyone's favorite part. We saw them up close and Gram really liked observing them move around. I even made a quick video of them swinging on their ropes! My new favorite animal. Not too far from there, they have a komodo dragon. They are incredibly large and almost scary if it weren't for the glass protecting you. We also saw a jumbo size tortoise. He didn't move much. If I was that big, I'd just lay around and eat, too. Haha.

(monkey pics and videos)

Ash had train passes for us to use, which I highly recommend getting. They take you on a train ride for about maybe twenty minutes? You go around the back of the zoo which is hard to do with a stroller and kids because it's more hilly. We got to see lions, tigers, rhinos, cheetahs, hyenas and all those more wild animals. It was relaxing taking the train at the end of our trip. You get a little tired of walking sometimes. 

I'm so glad Ash invites us to the Zoo and we get to have so much fun! She really is the older sister I never had. 

No comments: